Apple has just released a second bug-fix update for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 focused on resolving small issues that have been discovered since the operating systems began rolling out in late September. The release notes for both updates differ slightly, but here’s a composite list of the fixed bugs:
- Photos saved to your library from Messages could be deleted after removing the associated thread or message
- AirTag might not appear in the Find My Items tab
- Device restore or update may fail when using Finder or iTunes for iPhone 13 or iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPhone Leather Wallet with MagSafe may not connect to Find My (iOS only)
- CarPlay may fail to open audio apps or disconnect during playback (iOS only)
This release comes about 10 days after the iOS 15.0.1 release. No analogous updates have been released for macOS, watchOS, or tvOS.
Both iOS 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 have been focused on fixing minor bugs, not adding additional features. Apple is also currently testing iOS and iPadOS 15.1, which (at least as of this writing) will include the SharePlay group video-watching feature, more camera options for the iPhone 13 Pro, the ability to store COVID-19 vaccine cards in the Wallet app, and a few other additions.